Thread: Shooting 52-2
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2017, 09:47 AM

Liked 2,125 Times in 811 Posts

I had a 52-1 that I recently passed on to my son. When I shot it the load I used was also 2.7 grains of Bullseye. I believe I increased the load slightly to eliminate jams and stovepipes. I never really noticed any excess recoil and thoroughly enjoyed shooting that gun. As stated before, it's one of the best target guns ever made and could compete with any custom gun. The trigger on mine was outstanding.

Although 2.7 grains of BE is most common, that's not to say other powders also work well. With the recent powder shortage, I switched to another, found the right load and never had a problem.

Everyone I've allowed to shoot the gun, including my son, have all ended up with a big smile. I usually get a big "ME LIKEY"!

I'm 72 now and remember drooling over the gun back when it originally was produced. I believe the original price was $650 but not quite sure of that. It was priced above what I could afford so never bought one. Later in the mid 80's I found mine at a local gun shop. It was pristine and in the original box. I offered $400 for it and my offer was accepted. I've cherished it ever since and now my son is using it. I hope he can pass it on as well.