View Single Post

Old 05-23-2017, 01:00 PM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
It depends. Many gun centric folks envision having a certain amount of distance involved, but that usually isn't the case.

If I'm facing a gun at something like 3-5 yards, I'm going to move dynamically and any shooting I will be doing most likely be done while still in motion, at least initially.

Against a knife or any other contact weapon, I am usually going to want separation providing I'm alone. If they are pursuing which is often the case, I will once again very likely be firing while in movement.

There are no absolutes however as there are many variables to consider. The best way to hash these things out is through Force on Force training incorporating close-quarter scenarios with a full spectrum of possible modes of attack.
I have done FoF with both simunitions and fake knives. That was where I leaned the "move, then shoot" and "shoot, then move" thing. At least in the scenarios we worked on, those seemed to work better than "shooting and moving" simultaneously. That's been 10 years ago. "Good tactics" may have changed since then. ETA - I've taken other tactical training courses since then, just not with simunitions.

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 05-23-2017 at 01:04 PM.