View Single Post

Old 05-23-2017, 03:45 PM

Liked 150 Times in 95 Posts

I must be jaded or something because after reading the OP I thought I knew how this thread would unfold and that's basically what happened although I got a few small points wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE Mike View Post
Wow, there are sure a lot of good pistol powders out there! I like American Select for my 12 ga. target loads. I'm also using it for 9mm, .357 Mag. and .45 ACP loads. I have seen where others are using it for .44 Mag and .38 SPL. It burns cleanly. It won't get you your best velocities, but it will get you in the ballpark, somewhat like Unique. I'm an Alliant kind of guy (formerly Hercules). That being said there are other great brands of powders.
Mike, there have been scant few sightings of American Select since the beginning of the great powder shortage. I saw some last fall but like a vapor on the horizon it was gone. I like American Select for handgun loads but I have moved on due to availability issues. This is what I think is the good aspect of the shortage, it forced us to look at things that we might never consider using.