Thread: Scope on a 686
View Single Post

Old 05-24-2017, 06:19 AM

Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Not sure if this is the right place but I don't see why it wouldn't be? Subject matter does seem to fit. But I am new and I don't know how persnickety the moderators are

I bought three vortex venom red dots for an AR 15, CZ 75 auto and 686 7 round 357.

Although I'm a Smith and Wesson fan and actually, not to be makes you an idiot, and own both a .357 and 44 mag in SS, 4", as well as a M&P AR15, I joined this forum to place an order for the mount from a member here "revolver pH"' who makes these mounts himself and calls his company Raptor Engineering.

I have to say that these are stunningly well-made mounts! The fit and tolerances are basically as close as you can possibly get and everything was a spot on match. The quality can be seen the moment you take it out of the package and this is something that's going to hold up as long as the gun itself. I am so impressed that everything fit perfectly and there's no extra slop, meaning no unnecessary metal anywhere so that once you mount the red dot it is a precise fit and there's no overhang or overlapping and it looks exactly as it is, a PERFECT made custom fit!

But the most amazing part was the price, which would seem like some kind of a family price with the father telling the son-in-law he will pass it along to him at cost, $35 and $3 shipping??? As far as I'm concerned it's blatantly obvious that this man is in business to not make any more profit than to cover his cost and he's not trying to take advantage of anyone right down to and including the shipping!!!

This mount is as good as any other fancy name mount, if not better, and personally I think we should all support him

And FYI, I don't have a CLUE where the name wildman came from that's about as opposite who I am as I can imagine LMAO!

I am assuming I punched in my username requested and the computer must have said taken, here is an alternative and not paying the least bit of attention at age 56 it assigned it to me and I didn't notice until I logged on just now for my second time I hate those kind of macho screen names

Anyway guys and gals, you're not gonna find any better mount for a red dot much less a better price. He could easily charge $60 for this thing and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Last edited by Wildman101010; 05-24-2017 at 06:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: