View Single Post

Old 05-24-2017, 10:40 AM

Liked 490 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StakeOut View Post
I got 2000 44caliber 240gr LSWC from Summers Enterprises Bullets 2 weeks ago in 4 boxes of 500 inside the USPS medium flat rate box.

My cost was $154,$140 for the 2000 bullets and $14 for the shipping.

BTW,the 240gr .430" LSWC is there most expensive bullet @ $35.00/500

Some bullets are packaged over the 500 count so look at the amounts and cost per bullet.
I think part of your report should be the condition the box was in when you received it. Bound to be okay in some instances, but imagine how heavy that is and how it could burst if dropped from any height.

You should also report whether the package was delivered to your residence or whether you had to pick it up at the PO.

It's hard to get your fingers under a box that dense, let alone to pick it up. I have two 70 lb shipments of lead ingots each in an ammo can, and each is just crazy heavy, so much that I don't trust the handles on the cans. There would be no way to pick up the cans without the handles, barring some young gorilla available to help. I weighed one at 75 pounds and only had to pick it up a few inches for the shipping scales. I think shipping that weight/density through the post office is abuse of the system. UPS seems far better equipped for that, and in fact may be the contractor for most of the movement. The problem would be at each end, where personnel are not prepared for such things.