Thread: Shockwave!
View Single Post

Old 05-24-2017, 05:13 PM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Well so far I have fired Federal Classic OOB, Remington Express OB and RWS Brenneke OOB through my Shockwave. The RWS was the most noticable in volume(LOUD) and held a fairly tight pattern at 8-10 yards. The other two just were...well buckshot. The patterns are about fist sized at that distance. I'd be curious to see what 25 yds brings with buckshot and slugs.
I have played with numerous bird shot loads and find them to be uninteresting, but effective if needed. The weapon recoils enough that new shooters can be very intimidated very quickly. I would advise some 1oz or less loads for the newer folks. I have found the gun doesn't take kindly to poor recoil management. The stock plug popped out, the magazine cap unscrewed, and the magazine spring keeper popped out of the tube after two rounds. Thankfully I observed this before any damage occurred to gun or shooter.
It's kind of a neat little gizmo that I mainly keep tube loaded only after I found that its small size when slung left me to forget about it. Somehow I managed to find the safety disengaged when I unslung the gun later. I have been trying to reproduce this without success, but I believe it occurred when riding on a lawnmower.