View Single Post

Old 05-24-2017, 09:14 PM

Liked 87 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
That is always a good thing.

However, I still recommend replacing the front sight. If you're at all like me, the front sight will bug you by being in your vision through the optic.

EDIT: Here is a good one- YANKEE HILL MACHINE CO., INC. AR-15 GAS BLOCK FRONT SIGHT | Brownells

Can never go wrong with a new gun... I'm currently looking for a new rimfire bolt gun right now to start a new project on, but thats a different story.

Thanks for the link...

I looked a little into them recently, and ran across a thread where someone recommended letting a gunsmith swap it due to set screws or pins or something... basically stating that if you didnt know exactly what you were doing and didnt have the correct tools that the gas block could move and make the rifle inoperable until fixed. I, admittedly dont know how to work on this platform yet, as this is my first. After reading that and considering the price of the gas block and adding $60-$80(gunsmith per hour rate).. I kinda decided maybe I should stop putting money into the Sport 2 and K.I.S.S.. But, who knows... I change my mind daily when it comes to firearms and accessories.. If I do decide to swap it out do you know if it will work with the Magpul SL handguard? Or would I have to replace the handguard too?