View Single Post

Old 05-24-2017, 10:41 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

I picked that front sight and Brownell's for two reasons. First, everything from Brownell's comes with a lifetime warranty. Second, it is a clamp on sight. This means no pins and no set screws. And that means, no gunsmith necessary.

Brownell's also has really good videos on how to remove the A2 sight and install the new one. Even so, it's really simple. You'll need a punch to drive out three pins. One on the gas tube and two holding the sight. Drive out the pins, unscrew the flash hider and slide the original sight off the front.

To install the sight I linked, just separate the halves and place it on the barrel up against the step in the barrel. Make sure it's straight up and down. Tighten the screws and replace the pin holding the gas tube in place. Seriously, it's easier to install than it is to read this description.

I do understand that this kind of upgrade can be intimidating. However, if you have simple mechanical skills, you can do it. We'll help however we can. I'll do it for you for free if you ship me the upper and new sight.