View Single Post

Old 05-25-2017, 10:40 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I finally got my brand new Shield back from Smith & Wesson warranty and took it to the range yesterday along with my 9C which I purchased used but haven't shot yet.

Indoor range, 7-yards - the goal was to get some rounds through the Shield to break it in and to try out the 9C compact.

I shoot the 9C very well - 3" groups, great trigger, very accurate for me. The Shield also shoots ok, but bigger 6" groups and the trigger is heavy and not great compared to the 9C.

Not sure why the triggers are so much different between the too very similar guns - but I loved the 9C and only just like the Shield. The Shield will have it's place for daily concealed carry, but if I want to go shooting the 9C is my go to now.

I ran about 4 mags (48 rounds) through the 9C with no issues. I ran about 150 rounds through the Shield and had one failure to fire with UMC ammunition. Ran it through the gun twice and it still didn't fire. I won't be buying that stuff again. I also shot white box Winchester, some decent ammo from Korea, UMC and some Remington jacketed hollow points (carry ammo).