View Single Post

Old 05-25-2017, 05:33 PM

Liked 14,860 Times in 5,052 Posts

I think the OP is a great question actually.

I carry a Walther PPQm2 and it works extremely well for it's role. To give the most honest answer, I would say "I don't mind shooting it"

This means that it does not hurt, I can hit quite well with it and shooting, handling, drawing and transitioning with it happens naturally and with confidence. I would agree if someone said "well, then you ENJOY shooting it" and I put it this way simply because... well, I enjoy shooting.

Handguns are a total passion for me and I have no passion for tupperware striker fired plastic guns. They work for me like a screwdriver or wrench -- just perfect for the task but I will never sit around a campfire with a beer and good friends and get emotional over a polymer striker fired ugly black hideous looking carry gun.

Meanwhile, I could write volumes on the metal & wood handguns that are seemingly weaved in to the fabric of my life and identity. They are more than simply handguns to me, they are inspiring little machines that are hand-held and inspire joy.

My Walther PPQ and Glock 29 are like that trusty shovel in the garage. Perfect tool to dig a hole but I won't gather the grandchildren around one tell and tell tales about them.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: