View Single Post

Old 05-26-2017, 12:31 AM

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
Looks nice, any plans for a safe in the future?
Funny you mentioned that. I responded in my thread (I know there are quite a few long-winded responses from me in this thread), that I actually Bought a Gun Safe last month and got it delivered 3 weeks ago. I have been looking to get a Safe fora few years and I finally got one. It is better than the one you will find at any sporting good store. But, there are much better ones as well, all they take is more money to buy them!

For ME, this one wasn't Cheap, but it's a great value for the specs, has 10 Gauge Steel, and is not only functional, it's absolutely gorgeous and has a beautiful high gloss paint job on it! The least of my criteria, BUT, I am glad it looks as nice as it does!

I actually bought the safe to store other things besides Guns, but now it will serve dual roles. I Had 1 gun, a Wal-Mart Shotgun for the last 20 years, and then in 2017 I bought my 9MM and AR15, so I only have 3 guns total. I bought a 39 Gun Safe.

It is sitting out in my garage for now. I had FREE Garage Delivery and I was going to PAY the guy to bring it inside, BUT he didn't have the right equipment to do the job, he had a Pallet Jack and my Safe weighs almost 1,000 lbs. There was no way to get the Pallet Jack where it needed to go. I realized close to 1,000 lbs. is heavier than you'd think! It's delivered on a Wooden Pallet! I plan to get some Rifle Rods for the safe. I need help getting it inside (may have to hire a safe mover, but I'm cheap, but it's not worth getting crushed over). I decided I am 100% bolting it through the bottom of the Safe to my concrete Slab! That thing ain't moving anywhere! If anyone breaks in and tries to steal it, I will say hold on a minute, let me go in the safe real quick and grab my AR15. Or I will use my Springfield XD with the Stream-Light 800 Lumen Tactical Light and shine the Green Laser on them to see if that changes their mind. If not, I'm making a break for it, hopping the fence, and looking for a tree to hide in.

Here are the Specs on my Safe

59'' x 39'' x 27'' w/ handle 930 lbs

As for Premium Heavy-Duty Gun Safes, the 1st Class Steel built BR Series 39 Gun 2-Hour Fire Gun Safe is a great choice for Gun Storage and Fire Protection. This Gun is made of 100% Premium Materials including cold rolled steel and continuously welded uni-body construction for superior theft deterrence and long lasting durability.

Meets an Exceeds National Security Standards for Theft and Fire
Class IV 120-minute 2-Hour 1880 fire certification (Stores Papers also)

Heavy 10 Gauge steel body (twice as thick)
5" solid-edge door Composite 1/4'' Solid Plate Steel
3 Strong external hinges with caps
2 1/4" firewall (up to 4 layers plus one layer of steel)
Pyro-Blocker X-Type Fire Insulation
Palusol fire seal - Expandable Heat Activated
1.5" Advanced locking bolts - 20 Total With 4 way Coverage
UL-listed group II lock
5-point handle
4-way positive deadlock locking mechanism
Eagle Eye hard plate protecting critical spots
Premium Relocking System
Tactical Door Storage
Easy Out Interiors
Lighting

Here are some Pictures, It Looks Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless Y'all!

The Bandit..........................

Last edited by TexasM&PBandit; 05-26-2017 at 12:51 AM.