View Single Post

Old 05-26-2017, 02:08 PM

Liked 5,133 Times in 1,952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
My Shockwave should arrive Tuesday. I'll be practicing with and keeping loaded 00 for the scientific reason that I already got a bunch on hand. Poking around the Net... most of what I read indicates there won't be a significant difference in velocity or pattern compared to my 18in Win Defender.

A tape measure reveals that my Defender with a pistol grip installed would only be about 2 inches longer than the Shockwave. Can someone remind me again why I bought the Shockwave?
Because deep down in your mind, you think you're not supposed to have it, so you want it! Right? I've had a Mossberg 500 18" shotgun by my bed for probably 25 years. I eventually took the pistol grip off because "old Arthur" is creeping into my hands, and it's not as much fun on the range as it used to be. I've struggled with this same question for years, but never asked it. I think that within the range that I would be shooting it (if ever used for defense), any of the buckshot loads would settle things down quickly.

I used to have a cartridge sling attached to it full of shells. But the darn thing was so heavy I wised up and removed it, plus it could easily snag on a door knob or something at the wrong time. I have 5 rounds in it, which should be plenty, even if it was birdshot.

Anyone that thinks that's not enough, should take some water filled jugs to the range and unload some #7's on it from 15' and then see if penetrates, or disrupts the jugs evil intentions.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: