View Single Post

Old 05-26-2017, 10:36 PM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
I ordered the Shockwave with the possibility of making it a permanent truck gun and something to have besides a handgun when staying at cabin rentals in the Smokies we frequent. Not sure I'll find a place for it to remain in the truck or not... 26 inches is still pretty good size. Or maybe it'll find itself in the master bedroom at the side of the nightstand. I duknow... maybe not. I'll figure out something for it. How about you guys?
So I bevelled the loading port on my Shockwave and took all the take up out of the trigger. I applied loctite releasable to the stock screw since there was none and I intend to shoot the hell out of this gun. I used this synthetic two point sling that's rapidly adjustable from pretty taut to loose enough to sling the gun over a shoulder. I've been carrying the gun in the vehicle when I travel, when I walk around my property checking things and I keep it close in the house in the evening. I don't do permanent guns in vehicles overnight. Another explanation avoided. It can be easily covered by a windbreaker or hoodie and still be available. Another favorite is a dark colored towel to cover short long guns. Nobody sees it right there in plain sight. I find it really handy and it's very easily moved in and out of places even in daylight. Currently running​ 3x3" OOB and 3x2¾" OB because I can and I have 3x2¾" OB and 3x2¾" ⅞ oz. slug in the caddy. I feel like it's a decent blend of simple and effective.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170526_221105533.jpg (41.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170526_221119215_HDR.jpg (52.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170526_221204938.jpg (59.9 KB, 63 views)