View Single Post

Old 05-27-2017, 12:12 AM

Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts

I don't think I am old yet, I turned 37 in April. I have an LCR that is on my hip to and from work. We can't carry at the job so it stays in the console when I am working and is worn if I stop for anything on the way home. This one is chosen because I would miss it the least should it be stolen, God forbid.

My normal carry when out and about is either a government or commander 1911 on my hip with a spare mag, a spartan blades knife, and a bond arms loaded with 3" 000 buck in my pocket. I would say I am more of an auto guy and I prefer a 1911. Though I do own a Sig Pro and a beretta 92 with some wilson parts as my blasters.

That being said I am starting to appreciate a good revolver. The first one I bought was a 686 plus 4" the weekend after 9-11. I was 21. I remember the very first shot I ever took with it was in the middle of the bullseye. Loved that gun. Parted ways with it after my divorce. Missed it ever since.

Fast forward to about 3 months ago and I picked up another one. Not quite as nice as the first, a VERY slight cant, but very solid and a sweet shooter. A couple of weeks ago I brought home a governor, my wife is awesome. Love that one too. I plugged both and now the governor is pushing the 92 out of the nightstand gun spot. I am working on my double action pull.

Now I am seriously looking into the idea of getting a 3" 686 plus as my next gun with CC in mind. When I first got into guns, it was all about the plastic fantastics. Then when I started carrying as I got a little older I moved toward the 1911 which I love dearly. Now that I have even a couple more years I am starting to appreciate a good wheel gun. So maybe the interest does come with some age? Who knows. I just know I am starting to dig revolvers and plan on adding a couple more to the family arsenal.

Now, all that being said, if the world REALLY went sideways and I was strapping on my plate carrier what would I choose? It would be one of my ARs for my rifle with possibly a 1911 in my holster but more than likely it would by my 92. For protection on the street? I feel just fine with the set up mentioned earlier. With some more trigger time I think I would also feel confident with a 3" 686 plus in my holster as well.

Just my thoughts.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: