View Single Post

Old 05-27-2017, 10:40 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestinmathews View Post
Where I live there's a big please hold while your call is directed...when you dial 911, so I am on sort of a different program than the normal individual. 20-30 minute response time if something comes up serious and the deputies are misaligned.

Rifle this and rifle that. I have one with a 100 round magazine standing by in case Billy Badass and his Panzers roll up. Shotguns introduce people to Jesus.

When Jim used his slugs inside people died. It's a shotgun at close range, did you think they got free tickets to Disneyland?
If you want to debate the virtues of which is better at close range between the shotgun or the rifle, I'll take a load of OO Buck over an AR at close range everytime. The basic wound channel is larger. I don't need the projectiles to do anything special. The energy transfer is more effective. It doesn't blow my ears inside out. Per function of the weapon, the damage unleashed is greater. I might only need to fire three times to incapacitate three threats with a shotgun. I need to fire nine times with the AR. Tell me, which has a greater likelihood of jamming? The one fired three times, or the one fired nine? You know what rifle bullets do at close range? Disintegrate. I have had Core Lokt bullets fired out of a .308 at ten yards come unlocked and leave the jackets hung in the far side flesh completely lead free. Can't​ remember being let down like that by my shotgun. It's a highly effective platform when used within its effective range.
I know they died. My point was the slugs are used and now you need to take a longer​ shot, maybe outdoors but all that's left is buck shot. In other words the ammo you wanted for A is gone​ and all you have is B.

Rifles are equally devastating outdoor and indoor. More accurate, more ammo and more energy

Hard to say. My ARs have yet to jam. But probably likely hood is about the same

Don't know about Cor Lokt I use Mil/LE ammo for SD. Good, consistent ammo, nothing comes apart. Gold Dots, Federal overruns

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Arik; 05-27-2017 at 10:45 AM.