View Single Post

Old 05-28-2017, 07:55 AM

Liked 2,731 Times in 999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomkinsSP View Post
When I was young I had the benefit of being told what weapon to carry and what ammo to use. I had to become proficient with my duty and backup weapons using the specified ammo. I wasted no time trying this, that and the other. I wasted no time searching for greener pastures. An M60 might be objectively better than an M40, a Python superior to an M64. It doesn't matter. I got good, really good with my 64, and the 40. I did not worry that I did not have the newest fad pistol. I did not worry that I carried two .38 specials and not the newest fad caliber. I didn't worry that I had SWC lead, not the newest fad bullet. I worked on what I could control, shot placement. I could not lighten the 12 pound trigger pull, but I could smooth the action until it was silk. We carried 23 rounds, that would be more than I would ever need. The guys I worked with were proud of the fact we didn't spray lead. Nice aimed fire and the perps went down and nobody else got hurt. I learned to love my weapons, and to be proud of what I could do with them.
Well said. You made me think.