View Single Post

Old 05-28-2017, 11:49 AM

Liked 400 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasM&PBandit View Post
Hello from Texas my fellow M&P Madmen!

It has been a really crazy year for me and guns. Why? Because prior until a few months ago, I didn't own any guns and never have, except a cheap Wal-Mart Shotgun I bought 15 years ago that I haven't shot in 10 years.

OK, we'll get to the M&P, since it's an M&P Forum, but the quick run-down. I bought my first hand gun in March and I haven't even shot the damn thing yet. My wife also doesn't even know I have it, YET! She will, but I am trying to break her in to the idea nice and easy. I got a Springfield 9mm XD Mod.2 4" Bi-Tone. Springfield had an awesome promotion and I received 3 extra magazines, a holster, and a mag holder free.

I also ALREADY bought 500 rounds of Federal 9MM Ammo, a Magula Mag Speed Loader, a Stream-Light TLR2-HL-G (800 Lumen tactical weapons light, with strobe, and a green laser, and some ear muffs. I can get carried away sometimes, remember, haven't even shot the gun yet!

I have been looking at AR's and started to get the "ITCH" last year and started watching videos, etc. I was between the Ruger AR556 & Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport II. So Yesterday I say to myself, I am getting it and I "pulled the trigger" (not actually, since I don't have the gun yet, and the hand gun I own hasn't even been fired 1 time yet)

I was happy as I got it for $499, with Free Shipping! The place I'm having it shipped to does the fire-arm transfers for $10.

OK, so in the last 24 hours I have already bought several extras for my AR15, and I haven't even got the rifle yet.

I got the following:

-500 rounds of PMC Bronze .223 Remington 55GR FMJ-BT Ammunition ($5.99 per box of 20).

-Bushnell TRS-32 5 MOA Red Dot with Mount. Had an eBay $15 Memorial Day Coupon and paid $74.99, PLUS Bushnell has a 25% rebate and with another 2% off on my CC, it will be $55.00.

-Got (10) D&H 5.56 30rd Aluminum Magazines from Palmetto State Armory ($7.99 each and free shipping). I hope these work well with my M&P Sport II?

-Just ordered a 42" Plano All Weather Tactical Hard Shell Gun Case for my AR15 (cost only $56.00). I almost got the 36", would have fit better, BUT the 42" will allow me to keep mags, and other accesories, maybe even my XD Mod.2 9MM handgun. It has that foam you "Pick Away" at so it outlines each item in the case, for the money, it's a good deal, but I kind of wished I got the 36" case, just because it's more compact.

I am excited and can't wait to shoot the gun. Maybe I should have got a SCOPE instead of that Red Dot?

Anything else I should Buy? (Bi-Pod, Gun Sling, etc.?)

Thanks and I am excited to be a part of this group!

The Bandit...................
cant go wrong with the 15 had mine for a few years now
extremely accurate shooting 1" groups at 50 yards with stock sights
surprised myself.
I have an M&P 10 that I hardly shoot with a Nikon scope because I enjoy the 15 so much

Last edited by NJM15; 05-28-2017 at 11:50 AM.