View Single Post

Old 05-29-2017, 10:27 PM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by josp View Post
Don't have a shockwave, but have an 18" 500 and a 6" super shorty. I've tried the good stuff with flite control wads and the cheap Walmart stuff, all 00 buck. The 18" gets cheap stuff cause it patterns better at my realistic distances. The super shorty gets flite control cause it actuall spreads while the cheap stuff doesn't at those distances from that gun. My advice is try it where you'll most likely use it (hopefully never) and use what works for you.
Am I reading this correctly that you are trying to tell us that the Flitecontrol makes even bigger patterns than the cheap buffered buckshot from Walmart?

In other news, I watched some videos of folks patterning their Shockwaves​. First up is "long beard" who single loads OO Buck from the box, but somehow he found a magic load from Speer Lawman of OO Buck that is either glued or magnetized together out to fifteen yards. Or that goofball shot over the target with the patterns at the closer ranges and only the shot cup hit paper. The follow up with Winchester OO Buck clearly shows he didn't miss the target, but he gives cause to wonder.
For your viewing pleasure:Mossberg 590 Shockwave Review - YouTube
A better video where a guy does two tests of #4 Buck one Fiocchi and one Remington followed by Federal Classic OOB. This video is a lot better with someone who is at least comfortable with the pump shotgun:Patterning Buckshot With The Mossberg 590 Shockwave - YouTube
ETA: Speer Lawman OO Buck was/is an eight pellet Flitecontrol offering...no wonder it was super tight.

Last edited by forrestinmathews; 05-29-2017 at 10:55 PM.