View Single Post

Old 05-31-2017, 09:49 AM

Liked 2,921 Times in 951 Posts

For those who elect to carry an empty gun, here is what can and did happen recently in my town. From our local paper:

KINGMAN – Frank Dazzo must’ve had someone watching over him the day he was almost fatally stabbed by a Texas man on Mother’s Day.
The 44-year-old Frank and his father, Richard Dazzo, 65, are slowly recuperating after they were attacked by David Jay Juarez, 41, at their family business, Dazzo’s Chicago Style Eatery in Wikieup.
Richard has been back at work since the incident and took a few minutes of his day for an interview. Frank is at home recuperating from major lifesaving surgery.

Mother’s Day business took a violent turn when Juarez went haywire, grabbed a large kitchen knife, stabbed Frank in the neck and Richard in the arm.

Juarez then fled the restaurant, stole a maintenance truck from a nearby business and led Arizona Department of Public Safety troopers, Mohave County Sheriff’s deputies and Kingman Police on a high speed pursuit that ended on Andy Devine Avenue with the fatal shooting of Juarez.

Richard said the restaurant had been busy throughout the day when Juarez started acting strange.
“David was breaking out in a sweat and I told him to take a break and come back later,” Richard said. “(I think) he got mad at me because I told him to cool off.”
To Richard’s surprise, Juarez came back to the restaurant earlier than expected because he said his trailer was too hot. Richard brushed it off and continued working when Juarez grabbed a large kitchen knife and stabbed Frank – who had just returned from church – in the neck, hitting the jugular vein and immediately causing massive bleeding.

Richard was armed at the time with a pistol, but he didn’t have a round in the chamber.
“We carry guns out here,” he said. “After Frank was stabbed he said ‘Shoot the son of a *****, he stabbed me.’
“Then (Juarez) came running at me and stabbed me in the arm. I tried to cock the gun, but I had blood running everywhere. I pulled the trigger but the gun didn’t go off.”

After the stabbings, Juarez fled.

Wikieup stabbing victim says it’s a miracle son is alive | Kingman Daily Miner | Kingman, AZ