View Single Post

Old 05-31-2017, 06:26 PM

Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts

Advice - take it or leave it.

1. Be honest with your wife, she may be pissed now but every additional day of deceit will increase the level. Women may forgive, but they never forget. As another poster said, women tend to extrapolate this stuff into "what else is he hiding"?

2. If #1 above goes well and you receive forgiveness and blessing to move forward with your gun nutiness (that may not be a real word), then you need to spend money on training from legitimate firearms trainers. In the past year I spent a lot of money on guns, ammo and accessories. The last 3 or 4 months my money has gone to training. Take a basic handgun (level 1) class, then a level 2, and so on. Repeat with your rifle.

2a. Get your Texas License to Carry. Classes can be found for as little as $50. The cost for the LTC is going down to $40 from $140 on September 1st, but you can complete the class now and submit the paperwork after 9/1 when the rate drops.

3. Practice what you learn. Forget everything you wrote about cool looks and evil grins in the mirror, practice what you have been taught in front of that mirror. Dry fire with the snap caps after you have learned how to properly pull the trigger.
Go to the range and shoot like you were taught. Don't go and shoot 300 rounds in 30 minutes, take your time and enjoy the results of your dry fire practice.

In DFW there are lots of good instructors and places to shoot, both indoor and outdoor.

If you're still reading this post - almost as important as #1 above - commit the firearm safety rules to memory and abide by them without fail.

Good luck. If you're wife declares it's her and your daughter or the guns, let us know...I'm sure we can help you out on disposing of all that stuff!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: