View Single Post

Old 05-31-2017, 10:12 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,944 Times in 1,494 Posts

Hi Richard W:

I also suffer from arthritis in my hands and wrists, and I need to have surgery on my right hand due to arthritis in my thumb. I typically carry .38 Special revolvers now as my hand strength and manual dexterity is so poor that I have trouble manipulating the slide on semiautos. On days when my arthritis is really bad, I carry my 432PD chambered in .32 H&R Magnum. I also recently added a Beretta Tomcat chambered in .32ACP that will be for my daughter once she acquires her LTC. She is petite, and has poor hand strength.

As BlackTalonJHP mentioned in his post (#11), the Beretta Tomcat has the tip up barrel that means you don't have to cycle the slide to load and unload the piece. I am not questioning or challenging your choice of using .22LR pistols for your EDC, but just offering an opinion, and hopefully another option.

Best of luck to you, and thank you for your service to our country.

Regards,

Dave

PS - sorry, I should have identified the handguns in my photos. 1st photo: CZ-70 in .32ACP (left), Seecamp in .32ACP (center), S&W 432PD in .32 H&R Magnum (right). 2nd (middle) photo: Beretta Tomcat in .32ACP (left), Seecamp (top), CZ-70 (right). 3rd photo: CZ-70 (left), Seecamp (top), Beretta Tomcat with barrel tipped up (right).

Regards,

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32 caliber handgun collection #1.jpg (51.2 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg 32ACP Pistols #1.jpg (100.6 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg 32ACP Pistols #2.jpg (101.9 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by Double-O-Dave; 05-31-2017 at 10:17 PM. Reason: added information
The Following 2 Users Like Post: