View Single Post

Old 06-01-2017, 12:34 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7,880 Times in 2,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwhit View Post
I just don't understand the world view that has someone saying to themselves that they have to have a gun strapped to them to sit comfortably in an easy chair in their own living room to watch television, cook dinner or take a shower.

Someone used fire extinguishers as an analogy. Well, to the extent they are a sutiable analogy for a gun, then I guess I would have to point out that I have fire extinguishers in readily accessible locations throughout the house, but I don't walk around with one strapped to my hip. Similarly, I have weapons in secure locations in the house, but I don't walk around with one strapped to me.

To each his own, but in answer to the OP's question, No, I don't carry a gun with me when I'm in the house.
If you don't want to carry a gun at home that's your prerogative but don't presume that I'm some wild-eyed paranoid gun nut because I do. That's something Shannon Watts would do.

I personally think leaving random guns scattered through out your house is kinda dumb and I think you're far more likely to lose them to a burglary than use them in self defense.

I'm paraphrasing Tamara Keel here but I don't carry a gun at home so much as I carry a gun. When I get dressed in the morning I put on my gun when I get undressed at night I take it off.

I may have said this elsewhere but the primary reason I carry at home isn't to protect against a home invasion it's so that when it's time to walk the dogs or I need to run to Walmart for bread or milk I don't have to stop and put on my gun.