View Single Post

Old 06-02-2017, 02:08 AM

Liked 45 Times in 27 Posts

richardw: First, thank you for your service!!!

It's been an interesting thread, thanks for starting it. There has been a ton of great comments and advice covering almost everything I can think of to say, and I have little to add.

The only thing is when you talked about shooting in your garage and the ventilation, I thought about when I had a darkroom in my garage. Most people seem to put exhaust fans in their darkrooms, but I found some excellent advice in a magazine (this was in the days before the internet even existed) that said pushing air into the room was better because an exhaust fan draws dust from every nook and cranny while removing the chemical fumes, but pushing air in creates positive pressure and minimizes contamination while the fumes and dust in the air are forced out of whatever exit port you have or make.

Blowing air into a darkroom requires a good filter, but I don't see needing one for a garage shooting gallery. My garage has a vent high in the ceiling that lets air out, so a pusher fan works out very well. (I actually have a small swamp cooler to do the job.)

As another poster suggested having a fan directly behind you to blow the smoke towards the target, and it sounds like a good idea. It wouldn't have to be blowing hard to be effective. All things considered, I doubt you risk much in the way of lead poisoning, but why take the risk?

It sounds like you have things well in hand. I wish you all the best,

Harold

Last edited by sniper007; 06-02-2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: clarity