View Single Post

Old 06-02-2017, 03:43 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,548 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith61 View Post
Richardw,
God bless you. As a police firearms instructor let me say keep practicing and enjoy the .22lr in your M&P cuz bullet placement trumps all other BS
Amen Smith 61. I am in total agreement. When I went through Paris Island in 1959 the concept of one shot one kill was instilled in me forever. It saved my butt severalmtimes during four tours in Nam. As a platoon sergeant on my last tour I would tell mu Marines: "Listen up! You will come under fire. It sucks. The only good way to deal with it is to identify your target, take aim, and shoot. Trust me, if you do that you will live longer than if you just spray rounds downstream. Nothing surpasses accuracy."

I am still of that belief. Now that I am carrying a mouse gun it is a vital requirement. If need be, I will place my first three shots in the face, aiming between the eyes. Shoot high and the round penetrates the occipital skull. Shoot right or left and you likely hit an eye. Those three points mean your are getting to the brain. Shoot low and you hit the mouth and that means the bullet is traveling righ in line with the brain stem.

A brain hit from a 22 only requires one round to stop the BG. However I train to triple tap on that sight picture. Next stop is the sternum. Above it is the throat, lungs on each side of it. Heart on the lower left, and major artery to the left and major vein to the right. Triple tap again. Since I carry 10 + 1 that leaves me with five rounds in the gun. I carry two extra magazines all the time. That's another 20 rounds.

If I ever get into civilian firefight I might be killed, but I guarantee you that the other guy will realize he was in the worst fight of his life.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: