View Single Post

Old 06-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Liked 725 Times in 258 Posts

Red, thank you for the write up about Roy Baker.

I have some Original Pancake Holsters, but none significantly different than the pics already posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
...Those of us who were there can attest that the pancake took the industry by storm. Unfortunately for Roy his patent was drawn so narrowly -- it is for a holster that is ambidextrous and limited to three, not two, slots that have been stitched around -- that the industry quickly rallied with its own, non-infringing versions...
It seems the term "pancake holster" is normally used to describe a two panel holster, generally having equally sized and shaped front and back panels (i.e. "50/50" construction) and having two or more belt slots, with slots being located both trailing and forward of the pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
...Unfortunately for Roy his patent was drawn so narrowly... ...and limited to three, not two, slots...
Let me ask, was the actual most important aspect, and utility, of Baker's design the location of a belt slot forward of the pocket? Or, was there "prior art" already demonstrating that feature?

Thanks
The Following User Likes This Post: