View Single Post

Old 06-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalt View Post
For sure, the frame is a mid-1942 Victory. The cylinder is not original. Probably an earlier cylinder chambered in .38 Special. There is a hand-stamped .38 SPL on the barrel, leads me to believe the barrel was originally marked .38 S&W CTG (the British military cartridge). Exactly what else is stamped on the barrel? The extractor rod knob also looks odd. Can you provide a better picture?
Thanks for the info, that's cool stuff to know! Do you think the finish is original? I suppose if the cylinder isn't original, it probably isn't. It needs to be refinished regardless.

Also, I know people have said that shooting .38 special in converted BSR's can lead to split or ruptured cases, will this problem be lessened by the .38 special cylinder on my gun?

The barrel is marked with what looks like "FCCSA PENN N.J." on the bottom, but I suspect that's an importer's mark. The right side of the barrel with the caliber marking is otherwise bare.

I've got a few more photos I can share, but if they don't answer your question I'll have to wait until I get home later tonight to take more.

The Following User Likes This Post: