View Single Post

Old 06-08-2017, 06:43 PM

Liked 14,851 Times in 5,049 Posts

That's interesting data and figures, appreciate you sharing. Have to admit that I am not a big .40cal guy but as I have matured, I definitely despise it a lot less. I guess I wanna say that it is kinda good to hear that at least some large organizations aren't totally abandoning the round. My buddy (local to me, middle of Ohio) is a Sheriff's Deputy and his issue is a .40cal. (sorry guys, it's tupperware)

I'm an enthusiast shooter who also carries daily, but I have NEVER got all wrapped around the axle with ballistics and "stopping power" and all that drama. I'm of the "center of mass with reliable ammo until the threat has ended." So gel tests and pretty mushroomed bullets don't dance in my dreams when I sleep, it simply doesn't interest me and the amped up arguments that take place on caliber/load interest me even less.

But there is one thing I know for sure...
I carry a 9mm and I am confident in it and with it. But on the range day when we are dropping plates and transitioning as quickly as we can (trying to NEVER miss,) I am certain that my 165 and 180 grain .40 S&W loads man-handle steel plates with noticeable more authority than my 9mm guns do.

.40cal is well out of it's "heyday" but this is a completely viable round for duty/service/defense use.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: