View Single Post

Old 06-08-2017, 08:59 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,295 Times in 4,529 Posts

Well, thought I'd jump in here, not with anything new, but I just had the pleasure of qualifying with my old Department today at their new (still under construction) range. They could not have treated me any better. I first qualified with our old service gun, the Glock 23, and then they asked me if I wanted to go through with any other guns. I just happened to have my Smith and Wesson 640-1 Pro Series in the Jeep, and said sure. I did better with the 640 than the Glock!! In fact I aced the course with it. I have to admit that I didn't have any .357 with me, but had a box of 158 gr standard .38 spl. I had not planned to shoot it, but I'm glad I did. They recorded both my guns, so I have qualified with both a revolver and a semi., although we do not interpret LEOSA to require that.

I'm pretty happy, because I have to admit that I was a little nervous about shooting...I've been retired 20 years now, and even though I still shoot frequently, it's a different kind of shooting, and don't have range commands, and buzzers going off, and timed fire, and different positions, distances etc. but when I got there, everything fell into place, and I shot pretty good.

I'm a belt and suspenders guy, and I have a current WV permit, a current FL permit, and my LEOSA credentials as well. Not to mention that here in WV we now have "constitutional carry", so I guess here at home I'm covered 4 different ways.

Best Regards, Les

Last edited by les.b; 06-08-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Clarify
The Following 13 Users Like Post: