View Single Post

Old 06-10-2017, 06:47 AM

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Hey GUYS. Lost a little steam lately on my long, interesting, funny, whitey, and all over the place thread. Ha Ha.

Returned 42" case, not shooting AR15 for a bit. Get to Safe in a minute.

For Father's Day. Yes I'm a tea Father! I was thinking of GUILTING (I mean Asking) my wife to just let me get a gun. I don't want a present. Just let me get a gun. Of course I already have A few. Will report back. If she says NO. I'll say, just don't but me anything then!

I'm making progress on my SAFE. Finally opened up box. Wife was out of town 2 days and My 7 year old daughter convinced me open it. Had to cut metal straps. And take off a bunch off stuff. It's on A wooden pallet but wasn't bolted to it. Found where I'm putting it. I have to cut some things to make it fit and my neighbor has all kinds of wood working tools so he said he'd do it. M

OK First Why Am I BOLTING it down??
I saw some smart answers!

1. Yes if a safe isn't bolted down, a thief can easily flip it on its back and use pry bars to open the door. LEVERAGE!!!! Try prying a door standing up with your hands vs being able to do the same with 4 guys putting all their weight on a pet bar. Still not easy but it can be done. Go LOOK on You Tube and search safe pry bar attacks and you will SEE LIVE it being done by 2 beasts!

2. Bolting down also presents a thief from putting it on a heavy duty DOLLY and wheeling it out of your house. How do you think the Safe Movers are going to get it inside??? On a friggin Powered Dolly. It's easy if you have the right equipment.

3. I didn't by my $2,500 safe to protect a $499 M&P15, $500 XP Mod2 9MM hand gun and a $250 Wal-Mart Shotgun I bought 15 years ago. So GUNS weren't the reason I bought a safe and I've been looking 2 years on an off.

4. Safe is 930 lbs. when full, it will be closer to 1,600 lbs. 🤠🤠[emoji850][emoji850][emoji850][emoji1303]

5. I'm an Idiot! But we all knew that already.

So good replies. Yes Pry attacks and wheeling it away is Why I'm bolting it to my slab and ANOTHER huge reason is it's going to cost me an extra $35, so why the hell wouldn't I?

The safe looks so nice. Still in garage but I took box off the top of it where I could open it. The owner put some goodies in there for me. We got to be buds somewhat and he took care of me. I saw a Eagle Magnetic Graphic, Large one, and a Pistol Rack. I'm waiting until this morning because my daughters l excited and wants me to wait for her to open and see what's inside.

I'm going to have a safe mover come next week and I'll do my prep work this weekend.

Thanks for all the replies. You Guys are All Great!!!!

I'll get out and shoot the AR15 soon. I bought a Loader for it from eBay. It's Called an UP Toola? Or something. Seemed to make sense. I bought one for my 9MM and it's Awesome and a fast!

Have a great weekend Everyone!!.

The Bandit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk