View Single Post

Old 06-10-2017, 10:27 AM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by white cloud View Post
I am constantly amazed by how much energy goes into the caliber-revolver vs auto CCW debate. It seems to me that tactics, awareness and marksmanship are the most important things to get nailed down. Obsessing over equipment choices cuts down on the time one has to practice your draw or reloading skills. If I had a choice between the latest "whatever" and some more ammo to practice with, I would chose ammo. But then again I am old and probably getting soft in the head.
Practice a smooth draw that allows you to get on the sights and trigger quickly for a first round hit. This doesn't take a hundred years of constant practice. I have a variety of carry guns that are all very similar. The holsters are also very similar. 9mm is a seasonal choice for me as is .38. Reloading is a very polished skill of mine as is malfunction clearing.
Basically it's a forum and folks like to talk about things. If they don't then it's boring. When I get tired of the same old story I go out back and shoot a little. Then I come back and post my results for the educational​ benefit of the curious.