View Single Post

Old 06-11-2017, 11:45 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,169 Times in 604 Posts
Default K32 Combat Masterpiece????

I have a shipping invoice from S&W to Cabot & Webster on December 15, 1955 for a set of 24 guns sent them especially finished (new stock with special order attention for high gloss (RM-like finish)blueing and "no turn line"....100%guns in various configurations....all ordered by Ray Shapero in Detroit. The models varied considerably, and seems like he wanted a complete set of all guns produced by S&W. The factory agreed to provide the special order finish for $5.00/gun.
It should be noted that all the guns were sold to Robert Petersen at some later time.....I have been fortunate to have acquired 3 of them...and received 2 of the three. The 2 for my collection are .32 Regulation Police in 3" & 4". The 3rd is a Pre-37, flat-latch, chiefs special airweight. All are NIB, and I will likely sell the Pre-37....I bought it since it was on the same invoice and I have the ORIGINAL invoice....my friend owned Cabot & Webster many years ago.
The paperwork on all these guns was sent to the S&W Historical Society through David Carroll.

The reason for this post.....
Listed on the invoice is a "K-32 Combat Masterpiece" "a Pilot Model not in production" with s/n K233692...
has anyone seen this gun????? Rumors??? It may be in the NRA Museum!!!!

Here is one of the guns....
The Following 29 Users Like Post: