View Single Post

Old 06-13-2017, 11:55 AM

Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasM&PBandit View Post
I mean I Now Have a 1,000 lb. safe it's going to go inside. Can't get much safer than that. I'm not planning on shooting anyone! BUT, if something ever did happen, at least I have a way to protect us.

She says we live in a safe neighborhood, and I said, that's what everyone says before their house gets broken into.
I told her what am I going to do if anything does happen? Hide in the closet and hope I don't get my *** kicked or shot? Or God Forbid, anything happened to our family....................
Does your wife plan to keep your balls in the safe or just in her purse?

You have to tell her how you feel, make her understand that your family's safety and security at home is YOUR responsibility. The police will not be there to prevent your family from being crime victims. Cliche time - "when seconds matter, the police are minutes away."

Your wife believes you live in a safe neighborhood? Ha! You live in a neighborhood the criminals haven't targeted enough to make the residents feel uneasy.
Every home invasion or other crime against homeowners in DFW I make sure my wife knows about it. Our "safe" neighborhood doesn't make her feel as comfortable as it used to, and while she isn't interested in shooting yet she is on board with increasing security around the house.

You need to make sure your wife understands that your "safe neighborhood" is where the criminals are targeting because you got the stuff they want!

If you don't want to come completely clean yet about the AR and accessories purchase, then ask your friends who own firearms already about keeping them for you until the wife is more receptive.

As far as the Father's Day present, tell her you've thought about it and you want to take a couple of handgun classes.
The Following User Likes This Post: