View Single Post

Old 06-13-2017, 02:21 PM

Liked 4,377 Times in 1,654 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsn View Post
For civilian self defense the revolver is the perfect gun and the 9mm is the perfect caliber however, ANY revolver in any caliber will have at least twice the amount of ammo anyone would ever need (you more than likely will need none) and any revolver will be deadly accurate at the usual distance which is roughly arms length.

The revolver is always ready, always reliable and can always be effectively and responsibly used by anyone, myself included.

For civilian self defense NOT law enforcement or military use/ gun battles the above cannot be intelligently disputed.

With regard to jump crimp in light 9mm revolvers-we have been unable to experience or even cause this phenomena in many many rounds of all makes-brass/steel or aluminum.

Not disputing anyone who says it happens its just that we cannot get it to, and by the way-if you will never need a full cylinder of any caliber what difference does it make anyway.
I agree with most of what you say. My question is how is 9mm (Parabellum I assume) perfect. Around here you can buy 9Para FMJ for cheap. But the quality stuff is about the same as 38 and 357. The bullet doesnt know if it was loaded in a .380, .38 (spl or super), 9mm, or .357 case...