View Single Post

Old 06-13-2017, 11:19 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 968 Times in 219 Posts

Howdy All, thanks for the replies.

Particularly the replies about the caliber stamping.

Ed: Never heard that before about Triple Locks being submitted to the Army chambered for 45 S&W. 45 Schofield?

There is very little blue left on the gun, only in the normal protected areas; cylinder flutes, sight groove on the top strap, directly behind the recoil shield on both sides, cylinder yoke, and a few other places. Don't know as I would characterize it as 'honest holster wear', because I can see some light scratches that look like they were made from sandpaper. But for a 110 year old revolver there is no trace of pitting anywhere.

Hondo44: Yes, it has the screw in front of the trigger guard. Sorry, I looked in very good light, but I can see no trace of a number anywhere on the grips.

This revolver came from the collection of a local collector. His guns have been going for auction for a while now. It seems I share much of his taste in guns, I have several of his guns in my collection. Including the #2 Old Army Tip up in the antiques section that was modified to fire 22 Long Rifle.

I have a refinished Target Model that Roy told me shipped in November of '08 that does have the 44 S&W SPECIAL marking on the barrel. I would post a photo, but photobucket is being a real pain in the butt right now.

Last edited by Driftwood Johnson; 06-13-2017 at 11:30 PM.