View Single Post

Old 06-14-2017, 04:34 PM

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default Just Ordered an M&P Sport II and I'm Cool (New Member)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabled1 View Post
It looks as if this post might pass up "THE BROCCOLI" post count in THE LOUNGE forum.

This forum: Official broccoli thread.

Not Bad for my FIRST POST!! But it is ALL because of YOU guys!!!!!!!!

I give the Glory first to God but for this Post, it all goes to y'all!!

It's been a Blast!!!!! Thanks for all the funny, intelligent, kind, experienced replies and exchanges we all had. I learned a lot and it is funny I bought 2 Guns, including an AR15 and then after I ask my wife, who's usually pretty laid back, and she gets all crazy and says a Huge NO!!!!!

Actually, she said no and I already had my pistol, and then two days later my AR15 came and I had to sneak it in the house. And still hidden behind my bookshelf in the box I haven't even took the red thing out, that's jammed in the chamber yet!!

All's well that ends well, and it's nice to have the safe Inside.

Thanks Again to All my Fellow Smith and Wesson Forum Members. Stay "SAFE".........

I'm trying to think of things to put inside the safe temporarily, just to have fun. Like a shirt or my watch or something?

Honey I need to get my special shirt out. Let me go to the safe where I keep it. Then I'll have it hanging up and it will be all lit up with the Blue LED Lights, and it will be real dramatic when I turn the steel handle and open it up.

Then I'll tell her, iron this thing!!!!! It's wrinkled!!!

I'll report when I shoot mg AR15. I may put it in the safe and take a few pictures. I probably should just lay low. I'm already telling everyone here I have a safe. Probably NOT the smartest things to do. I know we're on a forum incognito to a degree. But still!!!

Man that Safe installer today was so NICE!!! I got home right at 2pm, but he texted me and I missed it and had arrived 20 minutes early. So when I walked in, the safe was already moved from the garage, inside the house, and into the closet. Probably better because I'd have been hovering and watching so they didn't mess it up, but my wife said they had it protected and used the original box over the safe to protect it. I sent lots of pictures prior to them coming to give them an idea of their options. They used boards on each cement stone step, and took the route of up the driveway, into the street, and down 9-10 stone steps to get through front door.

They Didn't go through Garage and up some wooden Steps, much too tight of a turn once they saw it in person.

Once in the closet putting it against the wall (Had normal molding) BUT One thing that bugged me was the power supply cord connected and came out the bottom right of the safe. OK fine, BUT, instead of having a right angle cord that was flat, the damn thing stuck out, so the safe was too far from the back wall because of the plug.

I stopped them and said that won't work guys, and suggested let's cut a hole or area in the dry wall where the plug sticks out, so the plug sticking out the back of safe, goes inside the wall and allows the safe to be flush. I told them it's bolted down and ain't moving, so we would never see the hole in the wall for the plug ever again anyway! He said that's a good idea so while I looked for a box cutter, he found his chisel and cut out a space for the plug that stuck out. He then bolted it down and put a few shims under the front of the safe. Also just FYI, he drilled right through my carpet and into the concrete slab. He didn't cut any hole in the carpet where the anchors went through, just drilled right through. and he does it all the time. Sharing just in case any of you guys ever do it that's what he did. It only had 2 Anchor points. He used his own Anchors. The ones that came with the safe were not the kind I wanted and cheap.

We shot the breeze an hour while doing the install. It was much harder and time consuming than I thought! and I offered them water over and over and they kept saying no. I finally just gave them some. After they finished, I said what do I owe you? He said $250 is fine!!! Well below the quote and it was supposed to be $5 a step. He went down 10 steps. So he was being cool and gave me a great deal!!! Especially for ALL the work the 2 of the guys did. Plus it was 45 minutes away from his business. I at least paid with a check (never use checks much anymore) so he wouldn't get a 3% credit card fee. It's nice when you meet Good People and He and his Partner were Good People.

I was making them laugh during the install. He said to his partner while moving the safe, give me a few more inches. I said, that's what my wife told me. Ha Ha.

I have this huge safe box but my daughter wants me to keep it because she wants to make a house and play inside it and then my wife told me to cut all the pieces that's a gun on it when I throw it out to the trash so nobody knows what it was, I guess she smarter than I thought.

She also said she has no desire to ever shoot the gun. I said if a burglar was breaking in and you had to protect our daughter, would you?

She said YES. But I just need to get her to the range. Honestly, my first time I wasn't Scared per say, but a little uneasy because it was my first time and all these guns were all over and going off.

I was shooting my 9MM for the first time next to this 14-year-old girl and her dad. She could out shoot me any day. I laid the gun down on the table, took a break for a second, and took my phones off (dumb move) and I wasn't paying attention she shot a round off nest to me and I jumped and nearly **** my pants, as I said some expletive!!!! Her and her Dad And my friends saw me jump and were all laughing at me. I just tried to act like nothing happened, but It literally scared the heck out of me. I wasn't expecting that, and all of a sudden.......BANNMNMMMM!!!!!

I need some practice at the range for sure!!!!

Thanks Again Guys!!!

Last edited by TexasM&PBandit; 06-15-2017 at 04:21 AM.