View Single Post

Old 06-15-2017, 05:50 AM

Liked 112 Times in 56 Posts

I am probably in the minority but I am not in favor of Constitutional Carry here in NC. Definitely not in favor of an 18 year old carrying concealed. Carrying concealed is a huge responsibility. I have been around guns all my life as a hunter first and I believe the CC class I took helped me. I can't imagine the fully untrained 18 year old walking around with a loaded pistol. I understand that there are still morons who have a CCW permit and know a couple of guys who make us all look bad. I have a couple of friends, who happen to be ladies, that love to target shoot and who carry at their place of business. We were talking about the new law and they were against it as well. One mentioned hearing some gun shots recently in her neighborhood. She found her next door neighbor's teenage son and his friends shooting into the woods off their back deck. There are houses just a short distance through those woods....hedgerow if you will. This is the type that could be walking around in public with a pistol. I am fully aware that a CCW permit doesn't mean that everyone that has one will be competent but I like the chances a whole lot better than the untrained carrying. If my thinking is faulty, I am always willing to learn if someone make other points in favor.
The Following User Likes This Post: