View Single Post

Old 06-15-2017, 03:07 PM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanewpadle View Post
I would use it. But only with the flite control wad.

A 33 grain pellet at .287 inches traveling at 1100 fps isn't the greatest. But when you consider 15 of them and the pattern, it should do well.
A thought occurred to me that they may be running the same pellets from their #2 Buck 20 gauge load in their #1 Buck 12 gauge load...

After quite a bit of reading of reviews and videos I have discovered that the Federal 13200 load is amazing​ in it's patterns. The reduced recoil version of Flitecontrol​ are turning in wonderful patterns out to fifty yards from cylinder bore guns. I'm curious about the #1 Buck reduced recoil in that I heard it had a lovable habit of not donut holing its patterns at distance. So I have a bit of it coming from a vendor.
I may try to pick up some of the 13200 00 Buck locally, however it appears to be almost too tight for the practical ranges. Has anyone shot this load in a Shockwave?
One of my applications needs to be a load optimized for a maximum of 15 yards for a small statured shooter. The longest shot in the place is 16 yards from the bedroom to the front door. I have found the #1 Winchester 2¾" to be the best pattern or at least on par with its 3" brother, but the Federal could possibly have less recoil and that is appealing even if the pattern becomes tighter. I'm up in the air whether or not I need slug like accuracy in close with this application. There are only two occupants in the dwelling and it has 24 hour floor illumination for safe navigation during hours of darkness which is incredibly effective for target identification.
My other application is far more flexible and I have stuck with the 3" 000 followed by three 3" 00 Buck and two 2¾" 00 Buck magnum loads. I'm getting pretty good pattern and range out of the first round and then it's followed by an all around loading for three and then the last two are maximum pellet counts in 00 Buck with the space remaining.