View Single Post

Old 06-15-2017, 11:22 PM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF385 View Post
All of my shotguns get the same thing... first shell or two: buck and slug
There's nothing like being specific...LOL...and he didn't even vote in the poll.
Only a few dozen types of slugs and buckshot.

I really was trying to tap into what I had supposed a reserve of knowledge. I figured everyone that had one of these cool little guns would be playing with it. I've sure relearned a lot about buckshot that I had forgotten​. I was a total choke junkie and had gravitated to premium offerings from Remington and Federal. Remington is out of the premium buckshot game, but it was the best offering in a 2¾" through a pattern master in a Remington or Benelli. Federal Premium 3½" 00 Buck was my go to for the Mossberg with it's oversize barrel through both constriction and wad retarding chokes. They had discontinued the #1 Buck 3½" load by the time I was big enough for 3½". It was a phenomenal load out to 100 yards according to a several hunters. Anyway little gun doesn't have any choke so it's playtime all over again in search of some go to loads. The funny part to me is I never really cared for the Winchester buckshot, but that's changed too.

So if you happen to play with your Shockwave or something of similar barrel length and get some data I'm all ears and highly appreciative. Also feel free to vote in the poll and if your option isn't there and reasonable for self defense please post about it.