View Single Post

Old 06-16-2017, 05:22 PM

Liked 279 Times in 115 Posts

My two 4006TSW (CHP) pistols from Summit arrived yesterday. Both are in truly great shape with very light holster wear on the metal and light to moderate wear on the grips from a decade of daily carry. Neither of the two show any scratches or dings from use. Bores are excellent. The 4006TSW (CHP) was one of my grail guns and I'm extremely pleased with both their condition and the level of service from Summit Gun Broker.

One of the pistols has grips with the curved back strap, so perhaps the officer that had this one swapped out the originals. I kind of like having an example of both types... All six magazines are AccuGuide, two of the six are LEO marked and one has a black follower (the rest are blue).

Lots of new factory spares are floating around right now for this model. You can find original springs, blue followers, firing pins, sights, grips and blue factory polymer boxes at Midway, Brownells, and/or Numrich for very fair prices. Heck, Midway has the recoil springs for $1.99 each! Downloadable copies of the manual are available on the Smith & Wesson site or you can call customer service and they'll send you a printed copy for free.

Many thanks to smith10 for the original post.

rkwood

Last edited by rkwood; 06-16-2017 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Corrected a typographical error.
The Following User Likes This Post: