View Single Post

Old 06-16-2017, 11:06 PM

Liked 87 Times in 26 Posts

Thanks guys... I know that its only going to get worse as I get older but right now I feel its honestly not too bad.. but I dont know. I mean im not in bi or tri focals, yet. I can still make out the make and model of cars from a distance, shapes, etc.. nothing really hinders my driving or daily activities... the main problems I have are making out peoples facial features ( I would be a horrible eye witness) until I'm almost conversation distance from them... and now that im starting to get back into recreational target shooting (took several years off) 50 yards looks like 100 yards and 100 yards looks like 300 yards.

My OS (Left) lens is -0.5
My OD (Right) lens is -1.5

I dont think thats real bad... but again I dont know a lot about vision problems.

I first noticed my eyes not being as sharp when I was 30, I couldnt make out faces and jerseys while watching football on a 56" from about 15' away. I went to walmart and got my first ever eye exam, right after that I went to a "real" eye doctor and was fitted for contacts. I could not get use to sticking my fingers in my eyes, and the contact felt like it was going to fall off or move every time I blinked, and getting thm out was a pain, so I gave up on it. At 31 I tried again and went to a different real eye DR and got glasses (my RX had not changed), I wore them for a while but the constant taking them off and on (I drive alot and have very sensitive eyes when it comes to light) gave me headaches so, I basically just used them at home. Then this year I decided to go get new RX glasses and also RX sunglasses. I dont have insurance now, so I went to Lenscrafters, and my RX still hasnt changed. I always wear my RX sunglasses anytime I'm driving or outside at all. But I usually dont wear my regular rx glasses inside because I basically stare at a computer screen or books all day for work and I can see fine close up... but I do wear them when watching tv at night.

Also, at all 3 eye exams ive had, not a single Dr ever told me I had astigmatism... which is probably why contacts didnt feel right for me.. The first Dr. did tell me that i had some depth perception problems and had never truly seen 3D. Ive since been told you need a special contact for astigmatism or they feel like they sit on your eye and move when you blink.. It wasnt until I purchased the red dot that I found out. And I tried an Aimpoint, MRO, and 2 Vortex RDS and they all looked like huge starbursts, but if I flip up the rear buis the dot shrunk and became crisp, also with my rx sunglasses the dot was corrected.

Anyway, said all that just to give you guys some background... and again I do really like my Vortex Spitfire AR 1x prism scope, its great as long as I shoot with standard safety glasses instead of my rx glasses, but I do think I want some magnification... I just need to decide whether to trade the spitfire for the Strike Eagle 1-6. Or find out what you guys with similar issues are using.