View Single Post

Old 06-17-2017, 08:59 PM

Liked 9,429 Times in 4,226 Posts

Soundguy 62,

Allow me to add my welcome to the S&W Forum... we have lots of fun here, and there are a bunch of us who like those little I-frame revolvers from before WW II... don't ask me why because I don't have a good answer!

Another source of parts I have found useful is Larry Poppert in PA. He advertises on Gun Broker regularly as shoto-man. He doesn't have a yoke listed as of tonight, but it might be worth an e-mail or phone call... he has provided me with some really good stuff over the last few years.

If you really want to develop your chops as a gunsmith, you might also consider installing a set of J-frame adjustable sights (like from a Model 34) to that gun. Friend Hondo44 has shown one he owns that had that "upgrade" done to it and inspires pure lust every time the picture comes out.

As for the grips, there are repros available of the original hard rubber as well as a variety of aftermarket ones to suit any taste. Also, the J-frame grips that completely enclose the grip frame can be used on your little I-frame too. I've used the Model 34 Factory Target grips on a couple of mine over the years as well as aftermarket grips by Herrett and Mustang. Since the I-frame grip frame is only about 0.125" shorter than the J-frame, you can also trim some of the later grips to fit.

Regards,
Froggie
The Following 3 Users Like Post: