View Single Post

Old 06-18-2017, 04:44 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,548 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky Shooter View Post
You have to do what works for you and there are no bad guys who are gonna shrug off a hailstorm of .22LR in a vital place, preferably between the eyes.

Dont let any well-meaning naysayers who say dont use the .22 for this reason or that get you down. The lowly .22LR has been protecting many a home and ranch/farm much longer than anyone reading this has been around.

My only advice is for your home defense or carry piece is to load up with rimfire ammo known for high dependability such as CCI Minimags or Stingers. When I need to carry a .22, CCI is my go-to brand.

Best of luck and thank you so much for your service to our country. I'm praying for your health to keep you in the game until you reach 100 at least.
Thanks Kentucky Shooter.

Believe me, nay sayes will never get me down. If a platoon of charging NVA with fixed bayonets could not get me down, there is no way words will ever do it.

As for CCI, it is the only ammo I use. I load Mini Mag HP. After many hours of researching the topic of which ammo I should use, I saw that Mini Mag HP was the most likely to expand out of a 3.5 inch barrel. When it does not expand it acts like RN and penetrates deeper. Today I put round number 1300 through my 22 Compact with never a failure to feed, fire, or eject. It's reliable.

As for target area, I practice for center mass on the breast bone and what I call the the deadly triangle. That triangle is a space that runs along the occipital skull bone and triangulates on both sides down to the bridge of the nose, a sure incapacitation zone. It is a tight shot but with 22 it is really not so difficult to put three rounds there very quickly.

Last edited by richardw; 06-18-2017 at 10:14 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: