View Single Post

Old 06-18-2017, 09:27 PM

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks Jim!

Jim-Thanks again for all of your help. I really appreciate you sharing your sources.

I am in the process of getting my FFL, so Jack First & Numrich's will probably be a go to... I do have their catalogs. I also use Brownell's, Ebay, Amazon and Midway USA quite a bit... I'm building my tool collection and I have already amassed several good screwdrivers and punch sets brass & steel, pin and roll pin from Grace and a multi-bit set from Wheeeler... I also have a good, complete set of hand tools (not low end junk) files, stones, hammers (all types), pliers, AR armorer's tool kit, belt sander Oxy-Acetylene torch with brazing tips and the ability to use it and more. Foredom tool is coming soon. Also I'm looking for a new bench grinder, an old dinosaur drill press, SB lathe & Bridgeport mill. (+tooling for those behemoths)

I've seen used ancient machines, just pulled from service, like these for south of $1k! So why would I buy some shiny, new, chincy, off-shore trash that probably won't last as long as these american classics, which will continue to be serviceable? Maybe even decades into the future.... but probably long after the afore-mentioned imports are indistinguishable piles of rust!?!?
Thoughts?

What would y'all recommend for a gunsmith's vice? I have a 4-1/2" bench vise, but I need an actual gunsmith's vise. I have looked at the gunsmith's vise from Brownell's and I think Midway has nearly the same vise (both weigh about 18lbs,) for less than 1/4 of Brownell's price...

I will have to take a little bit of time and see exactly what I do need for the .32 and get it sourced. As far as what you mentioned, I believe that is a pretty inclusive list...

Jim, again, thank you so very much. It really means a lot to me!

Don