View Single Post

Old 06-19-2017, 12:13 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,613 Times in 1,498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songcatcher View Post
So here it is Fathers Day, and I just happened to make the biggest gun purchase of my life. A nickel model 29-3, 6", with the presentation box, tools and papers that came with it. My father had one he was awful proud of, in blue that him, me and my brothers had fun shooting from time to time. When he passed in '96 he left it with my youngest brother, and we shot it every so often, or just took turns holding it and reminiscing, and it was an heirloom from Pap. Somehow along the way my little brother got in a bad way and lost, sold, or pawned it.He's gotten better, in a sense, but I've held that against him these years, and wished there was some way to "fix it". So anyway I came across this one on the local gun owners club and things came together so that I could scrape together everything I could, and borrow a little from my father in law til tomorrow to get it.

It is a beauty in the hand, and right away, just from the feel of it, I remembered shooting with my old man, and the fun times we had now and again.
I probably paid a lot more than most of y'all would've, but, it's mine now, and so be it.

I would like to know the date of it, if some one could help. The serial # is, if this is it, AHR XXXX. That is the # on the butt, and on the time above the model 29-3.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and like Minnie Pearl on the Grand Ole Opry, "I'm just so proud to be here".
Most likely May/Jun time frame 1985. She's a beauty!
The Following User Likes This Post: