View Single Post

Old 06-19-2017, 01:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,590 Times in 2,562 Posts

I have enjoyed all the posts, and I certainly don't challenge the accuracy of anyone's recounting of personal experiences, but I am a little surprised at all the negative comments, particularly in places where I have actually driven.

Boston, for one, does not seem to me to have worse drivers than other parts of the country. If nothing else, they should get considerable credit for not running over all the lawbreaking bicyclists that infest the city (bicyclists, don't bother flaming me - I was a life member of LAB back when it was LAW).

I did notice the last time I was northbound on 95 in the Carolinas that the left-lane speed would have been called reckless driving in VA, but that's why they call them the Carolinas (because they're not Virginia). But that was just a nice cruising speed - I did NOT see any unsafe driving. Anyway, I don't drive that way any more, anyway. I try to avoid two (NJ, NY) of the very few states that are more anti-2A than MA. And I get MD and DC thrown in as a bonus.

We (the US of A) have our share of idiots, but I'm pretty sure that this is actually one of the safest countries to drive in.

However, enough of reality. I didn't really mean to break up a good bull**** session. And the complaints aren't bull**** - they just, in my experience, do not represent what's mostly going on out there.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: