View Single Post

Old 06-19-2017, 02:30 PM

Liked 6,813 Times in 2,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestinmathews View Post
You realize that you're equating the defensive suitability of birdshot with a fatal wound sustained in an accidental shooting at nearly muzzle contact distance? There are so many differences​ between the two things. I'm not going to get through to the tacticool bird hunters, but Heaven help me to try. There is no adrenaline involved in the accidental shooting. There is plenty of adrenaline involved in a defensive shooting. So we can safely the individual getting shot will be affected differently. Shock onset will​ occur later for the adrenaline charged individual. Surely we should use a load that will affect the onset of shock sooner than later and that isn't bird shot. I'm sorry but there is no intelligent argument for bird shot for serious self defense. There are too many variables involved that it comes up suboptimal for dealing with.
Despite your level of self-serving sarcasm, there is one INTELLIGENT reason: over penetration!

In the case I mentioned, the heart was totally gone as was a 2-3" portion of the spine. Kinda limits a response regardless of the amount of epinephrine (adrenaline is now a out-of-date term==it was when I taught college anatomy labs 20 years ago!) in the circulatory system if the spine and spinal chord are removed, as well as the heart!

Perhaps you have some DOCUMENTED cases of people without a heart or spine surviving a shooting?
The Following User Likes This Post: