View Single Post

Old 06-19-2017, 09:50 PM

Liked 6,614 Times in 2,198 Posts

The CS45 indentations are more like dimples than punched indentations. Also, they're placed a bit differently than were done in older .45 mags, or in the current .40 mags.

The current black followers are said (in armorer classes) as being able to be used in all previous .45 mags which had plastic buttplates.

So, let's take a look at the current black followers alongside, and inside, a CS45 mag ...

In these 2 pics, you'll note that there's actually a pair of recessed areas at the rear of the follower.

This first one shows a pin punch pointing to the front edge of the largest and most narrow "angled recess", corresponding to the front of the "cutout" on the side.

In this one, the punch is pointing to the same spot, from a different perspective, so you can see it as the recess which "narrows" the rear of the follower. You'll also note another, much narrower, slightly more forward recess.

In this pic (apologies for the lighting), the follower is sitting on the outside of the mag, and despite how it looks bigger (or offset), it's actually aligned as if it were inside the mag (I did it repeatedly, to confirm positioning for myself). Note how the secondary, diagonal indentation not only just clears the rear edge of the large recessed cut, but completely clears the smaller, more forward molded recess of the follower.

Now, for the bring-it-all-together pics ...

I've positioned the follower (supported by a mag spring, to properly align and "hold" the follower) below the mag lips, so you can see the visible diagonal indentation. It's visible as a "black" line, apparently due to the light reflection off the opposite mag wall and follower (and the lighting I was trying to direct inside, holding a mini flashlight in my mouth, and angling the tube light of my magnifying lamp). See it just at the front of the large "cut" recess.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 07-04-2017 at 01:40 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: