View Single Post

Old 06-19-2017, 11:45 PM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBio View Post
Despite your level of self-serving sarcasm, there is one INTELLIGENT reason: over penetration!

In the case I mentioned, the heart was totally gone as was a 2-3" portion of the spine. Kinda limits a response regardless of the amount of epinephrine (adrenaline is now a out-of-date term==it was when I taught college anatomy labs 20 years ago!) in the circulatory system if the spine and spinal chord are removed, as well as the heart!

Perhaps you have some DOCUMENTED cases of people without a heart or spine surviving a shooting?
I am sarcastic by nature because I work in a highly stressful environment with thick skinned and sometimes skulled people. I guess I forget in the forums you cannot hear the tone and so you find it insulting rather than humourous.

Bird shot is out of its depth in a defensive application and always has been. The documented case that you keep referring to is an accidental shooting. It's unfortunate that you cannot see that you're championing a lemon of an idea here. So a guy accidentally kills his friend crossing a fence and that makes bird shot a viable self defense tool? Okay. You want to follow that up and say it doesn't over penetrate? Okay. Have a wonderful day and I truly wish you the best.

Last edited by forrestinmathews; 06-20-2017 at 10:08 AM.