View Single Post

Old 06-20-2017, 06:14 PM

Liked 14,858 Times in 5,050 Posts

Okay, quick math that is barely relevant but still stands out:

5 millions rounds of ammo annually and current discussion suggests "about" 10,000 CHP 4006TSW's in the 2006 procurement. That suggests 500 rounds annually per pistol if all were being used equally. We can all agree that NOT all were being used.

Maybe HALF were being used? Maybe 3/4? So perhaps a thousand rounds annually, on average? So we can say a thousand rounds annually... or even two thousand rounds annually? Over 11 years, that's significant use, if a realistic average. I could see a large (and WELL funded) agency replacing issued guns with 20,000 or 25,000 rounds through them. I'd expect some original bits need replaced at that point... but then again, these are routinely and professionally cared for by professionals, too.

I bet even the worst of the replaced non-TSW 4006 CHP guns have a generation or two of fantastic life left in them.

On a totally unrelated side-swipe, has anyone else mentioned how mildly shocking it is that a California Government agency is allowing regular American citizens to -GASP- purchase their handguns?! And I wonder, are these "on roster" and legal for re-import in to the land of fruit & nuts?
The Following 2 Users Like Post: