View Single Post

Old 06-22-2017, 10:04 AM

Liked 2,109 Times in 860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddshooter View Post
I've been shooting my whole life and am now a senior. I handload most all calibers and shoot mostly 100 yard plus gongs and bells. I think I have one of everything.

Till I'm dead, I will always hold a grudge against Ruger because of the new SP101 I purchased. Too many guys here write using qualitative terms without measurement. Good triggers, light triggers, and sweet triggers.
My SP101 trigger measured over 15 lbs in DA and over 8 lbs in SA. It was gritty. It wobbled. After days of attempting to tune, it is now passable.

A 15 lb pull is the most irresponsible design I have ever seen. I live in Prescott, with the Ruger plant, and have listened to the staff complain about the lawyer designed SP101. I tried to get Ruger to tune the action and they refused, even if I paid. They said 15 lbs is within specifications.

After 20 years and thousands of complaints, they have done nothing. I talked to one gunner who claimed to have gotten a nice one by reviewing a dozen. His comments about one in a dozen being nice is what I think the odds are of getting a good one.

I love my other Rugers, but this gun and Rugers attitude is unacceptable. And Ruger will hear about it forever. Not that they care.
I completely understand your frustration. I have two friends that bought the GP100 Match Champion. One had a trigger to die for and the other was like dragging a bag of rocks through a beach.
Rather than hold a grudge and let this bother you forever as you state, sell the gun and move on.
I have never kept a gun that did not exhibit exemplary performance and met every one of my standards. Life is way too short to keep something around that makes you sick every time you look at it.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: